To the average 6 year old jeans are jeans. Whether they're dark blue, light blue, the blue inbetween, ripped, distressed, bleached, skinny fit, regular fit, boot cut, baggy or carpenter. I really didn't think it mattered to my 6 year old as long as they were jeans...and then I made the mistake of buying him skinny jeans. As a result here are the conversations that have now taken place between my 6 year old and myself...
Zack- "Did you see those kids across the stree?" (those "kids" were a group of teenage boys)
Me- "Yea."
Zack- "They were staring at me and I could hear them talking and they were saying. 'Wow, look at that kid! He's wearing my favorite pair of skinny jeans and my favorite shoes. He's really cool."
Me-"Really? That's what they said?"
Zack- "Well, I couldn't really hear them, but they were staring at me."
And then I bought him a regular pair of jeans and this was our conversation...
Zack- "These are fat jeans."
Me- "No, they're just regular jeans."
After convincing him to at least try them on and look in the mirror...
Zack- "They're just not my style mom."
And there you have it. A 6 year old who already thinks he's cool and knows what his "style" is.
Here he is on the first day of 1st grade, sporting his skinny jeans
That made me laugh!!!! :D
ReplyDeleteHe looks really handsome and super cool. Good job mama :)
ReplyDelete